Sunday, May 19, 2013

Star's Favorite Sweets: Smore Pops

Summer is right around the corner which has me craving smores!  The combination of gooey marshmallows, creamy chocolate and crunchy graham crackers is just perfect and the ultimate American classic!  I happen to think everything is better on a stick so I thought I'd give smore pops a try.  I must admit they were quite delicious, super simple to make and really pretty!  These smore pops are less messy than camp fire smores and can me made ahead of time which makes them the perfect party treat.

To make these pops, I simply stuck lollypop sticks into marshmallows, dipped them in melted chocolate and rolled the bottoms in crushed graham crackers.  Thats it!  These would be perfect to serve at a Memorial Day BBQ, bridal shower or birthday party.  You could even wrap them up in little cellophane bags, the the with a pretty ribbon and use them as favors.


To make the little flags, I wrapped a bit of washi decorative tape around the tip of the lollypop sticks before I inserted them into the marshmallows.  Washi tape comes in every color an pattern you could imagine so its really easy to customize this treat to your event.  I happen to love the blue and white, especially for this time of year.  Enjoy!!

XOXO,
Star

No comments:

Post a Comment